Thursday, January 13, 2022

Chickens can be so relaxing!

Who doesn't love a good chicken? Not to eat, but to cuddle! There is something so magical about the love of a bird, and their love makes you feel so special and chosen. Before I had any contact with chickens I just figured they would be BIRDS. As chicks they were the sweetest fluff balls that seemed smart and interesting and they needed us so much. 

So back to present day chicken time. Yay chickens! Our first small flock was 3 birds large...or small. We regrettably lost two of our sweet beloved girls before they were 9 months. It was a sad, but necessary lesson and we learned a lot from it. Both that we loved them very much, loss of a chicken is hard even though they are fragile. They have been important for us during the pandemic and they have helped me with a lot of hurdles in my personal life. It has been a very difficult few years and they definitely help with coping with those down times. Sitting with my girls helps me feel peaceful even if it is only for a few minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's the hot season again!

 Every year as May rolls around I get anxious about what the summer will bring for us and our chickens. As our chicken keeping time has grow...